Thursday, July 30, 2009

Zombies crave brains... and cheesy nachoes

Another year of the Geek Mecca has come and past. Footage was seen, expensive plastic was bought, sketchbooks were signed, sentences were written in the passive voice. It is my great regret that I failed to document in pixels one of the more amusing sights; three cosplayers dressed as zombies from the Popcap game sitting cross-legged on the cement floor, conversing and dining on an overpriced meal inspired by corn and milk fat but free of all natural contaminants.

Speaking of overpriced: autographs. The entirety of the appeal of a celebrity's name illegibly written in ink has long escaped me. This is not to say I have never engaged in the custom, merely that I have never paid for it. I was prepared to note the absurdity of Mark Hamill charging $100 for his John Hancock, that was until I noted that one of the men who played a Stormtrooper was requesting 25.

130,000 booth babes, costume enthusiasts, and all flavor of nerd crammed into 600,000 square feet. My olfactory senses were not produced to factory standards of quality, for this I am quite thankful.

Seriously, $25?

-CP
"Might as well face it, you're a dick with a glove."

No comments: